Reset windows spotlight setting is one of the methods to solve windows spotlight problems. Sometimes, after windows computers getting an update, the windows spotlight is not working. The common error on the windows spotlight is the image not changing. If you get this problem on your computers, don’t be worry. Maybe you just need to reset your windows spotlight setting. Before resetting the windows spotlight quiz, you have to change the lock screen setting.
Change Lock Screen Setting
- Open the personalize setting by right-clicking anywhere on your computer desktop and choose to personalize setting.
- Move to the left panel on the personalize setting, click on the lock screen menu.
- Go to the lock screen options in the center.
- Switch it to slideshow or picture.
Delete the Windows Spotlight Setting
After changing the lock screen setting to a non-windows-spotlight setting, then you have to delete the windows spotlight setting. Follow the complete guide below:
- Open file explorer on your computers.
- Go to windows spotlight folder, type windows + R in keyboard and paste this link %USERPROFILE%/AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets
- delete the local asset folder.
- Switchback Lock screen to the windows spotlight.
Switchback Lock Screen Setting to the Windows Spotlight
Now it’s time to reset the windows spotlight setting. Follow the step on change lock screen setting above, switchback the lock screen setting to the Windows Spotlight. After completing this step the windows spotlight will have the new setting.dat file. Usually, the windows spotlight feature will back to the default settings and work normally. If your windows spotlight is still facing the same problem please comment below.